You should understand, as the proprietor of a rental property, the significance of marketing when it comes to locating ideal tenants. You are missing out on a tremendous opportunity if you haven’t tried to utilize virtual tours! Giving prospective tenants the option to view your rental homes virtually can be a great way to show them what to expect before they ever set foot on the property. In the following paragraphs, we will discuss the advantages of virtual visits for the marketing of rental properties and the reasons why all rental property owners should implement them.
Virtual Tour Basics
Renters can virtually explore a rental home by using a computer-generated simulation called a virtual tour. Virtual tours offer a comprehensive and captivating view of every room, unlike photographs that just show a portion of the property. Virtual tours also provide potential tenants with the ability to estimate the size of rooms and other sections of the house and see how their furniture will fit in.
Numerous tenants prefer virtual tours of rental houses, according to recent research. According to the research compiled by Zumper, more than 70% of tenants said they would be open to renting an apartment without physically seeing it as long as they could take a 3D virtual tour of it first.
Types of Virtual Tours
Prospective tenants may examine your rental homes from anywhere without physically being there thanks to virtual tours, which offer an immersive experience. This enables them to comprehend the area and ascertain whether it fulfills their requirements prior to their visit to the property. 360-degree, 3D virtual tour, and virtual reality virtual tours are the three primary varieties of virtual tours available to you.
1. 360-degree Virtual Tour: By combining multiple photographs into a single panoramic image, one can generate 360-degree virtual tours. These images provide prospective tenants with a comprehensive view of a room in a single panorama, enabling them to navigate by clicking and dragging. For rental property owners who are new to virtual tours, 360-degree tours are a great choice because they are inexpensive and simple to create.
2. 3D Virtual Tour: In contrast to a 360-degree virtual tour, a three-dimensional (or “true”) virtual tour provides prospective tenants with a more immersive experience by enabling them to physically traverse the premises. Utilizing specialized software, these excursions are assembled from a collection of numerous photographs taken of a rental property. As a result of the substantial time and effort invested in generating outcomes of superior quality, three-dimensional virtual tours are predominantly employed for upscale rental properties.
3. Virtual Reality Tour: The most cutting-edge and captivating method of touring properties is through virtual reality (VR) tours. Prospective tenants can virtually investigate every nook and cranny of the property by donning a VR headset and virtually walking through it as if they were physically present. Virtual reality tours were previously uncommon, but as VR technology becomes more widely available, they are showing up more frequently.
The Benefits of Using Virtual Tours
Consider some of the advantages of utilizing virtual tours for the purpose of marketing your rental property, now that we’ve covered the fundamentals.
• Convenience. Virtual tours are extremely convenient, which is their main advantage. You can show your rental properties to potential tenants without requiring them to leave their homes or work schedules. Renters from out-of-state or abroad who need assistance setting up a time to visit and physically see the home will particularly benefit from this.
• 24/7 Availability. Virtual tours are accessible around the clock, every day of the week. This implies that prospective renters won’t have to force themselves to fit around your availability in order to view your rental properties on their time.
• Increased Online Engagement. It has also been demonstrated that virtual tours boost engagement. Search engine optimization, or SEO, for your rental property can be enhanced with virtual tours. Supplementing your property listing with a virtual tour is an excellent way to increase your search engine ranking and provide Google with fresh content.
How to Optimize Your Virtual Tours
Given the aforementioned advantages of virtual tours, the following suggestions shall assist you in optimizing their utilization:
• Quality Matters. Quality is everything when it comes to virtual tours; use high-quality images and videos and avoid using blurry or low-resolution photographs. Make use of high-quality virtual tour information if you want prospective tenants to appreciate your rental buildings.
• Include a Call to Action. After your virtual tour, include a call to action (CTA). Potential tenants are encouraged to take the next action, such as scheduling a showing or contacting you for more information, via a CTA, which can take the form of a statement or icon. By adding a call to action, you may encourage potential tenants to take the next step and apply for a rental.
With virtual tours, you can give prospective tenants a taste of your rental homes without requiring them to come in person. Now is the ideal time to begin incorporating virtual excursions into your rental property marketing if you have yet to do so. Contact your local Real Property Management office today to learn more about incorporating virtual tours into your rental property marketing.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.